Undergraduate Summer Training in Cardiovascular Research at UK (USTiCR @ UK)
Supported by the American Heart Association, the Undergraduate Summer Training in Cardiovascular Research (USTiCR) at the University of Kentucky College of Medicine provides undergraduates with the opportunity to perform clinical and basic science research within The Saha Cardiovascular Research Center and selected College of Medicine Departments. The goal is to expose students to active research in a selected topic augmented with educational programs that span the breadth of cardiovascular science. If you are contemplating a career in in the biomedical sciences, then USTiCR can help give you research experience needed to make an informed decision.
Application Deadline: March 15, 2019
Duration: 10 weeks; 40 hours per week; May-August
Number of Positions Available: 5
Students must obtain sponsorship from a participating mentor. Students should contact prospective mentors as early as possible in the process. Participating faculty can be viewed here.
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate student
• Good academic standing (GPA > 3.0)
• United States Citizen or Foreign National holding as a student, exchange, or permanent resident visa, including an F1, H1, H1B, J1, PR, TC or TN visa. Awardees must meet American Heart Association citizenship criteria throughout the entire duration of the fellowship award
How to Apply
A complete application requires two files: a student application and a mentor application. It is the responsibility of the student to follow-up with the mentor. The deadline for applications is March 15, 2019.
Please note that, along with your personal information, the application will ask you to provide the following items:
1. Description of your career goals and motivation for wanting to obtain research experience. Be sure to include the area(s) of research interest or the faculty mentor with whom you would like to work with during the program.
2. Resume: Include a current copy of your resume.
3. Grade Reports: Will be requested for completion of the online application.