Alexander ‘Sasha’ Rabchevsky is a tenured SCoBIRC endowed Professor of Physiology at the University Kentucky in Lexington, KY and a faculty member of the Spinal Cord & Brain Injury Research Center (SCoBIRC). Sasha is, himself, paralyzed from the chest down as the result of a motorcycle accident in 1985 which fractured his sixth thoracic vertebrae rendering him a complete T5 paraplegic. After graduating with a B.S. in Biology from Hampden-Sydney College, VA only a semester behind his original ’87 class, and working as a technician at the NIH, he was accepted into the University of Florida Neuroscience graduate program in 1990 and worked in the laboratory of Dr. Paul J. Reier. He defended his doctoral thesis in 1995 entitled, “Intraspinal transplantation of microglia: Studies of host cellular responses and effects on neuritic growth.” He then moved to France where he undertook a foreign postdoctoral fellowship at the University of Paris, XII in INSERM Unite 421, headed by Dr. Marc Peschanski, during which he studied neuroimmunology in the context of autoimmune diseases, as well as employing transgenic mice and molecular biology to study the role of TGF-alpha in astrogliosis.
Since 1997, Sasha has been based in Lexington, KY where he has been investigating multiple therapeutic approaches to treat experimental spinal cord injury (SCI). After conducting a second postdoctoral fellowship under the guidance of Dr. Stephen Scheff in the UK Department of Anatomy and Neurobiology, he obtained independent funding which helped launch his independent research program. His current efforts are focused on alleviating both hindlimb locomotor and/or autonomic dysfunction following SCI in rats employing pharmacological treatments and/or gene therapy to over-express certain growth factors near injury sites. The laboratory is conducting pioneering studies uniquely characterizing bioenergetic damage to mitochondria after contusion SCI in order to target their dysfunction. Specifically, pharmacological agents that maintain mitochondrial integrity are being administered at acute and more prolonged time points after injury, resulting in significantly reduced secondary tissue damage that is manifested in remarkable hindlimb functional recovery. In a parallel but novel line of investigations, his lab has been testing whether directly transplanting healthy mitochondria isolated from exogenous sources into the contused rat spinal cord maintains cellular bioenergetics and promotes functional recovery.
Alternatively, Sasha’s research has gained him international recognition as a leading expert in autonomic pathophysiology following SCI. In particular, his work has characterized the abnormal neural circuitry which develops below the injury level that is associated with the development of a hypertensive condition termed autonomic dysreflexia; this syndrome occurs in the majority of SCI individuals, including him. To this end, his lab has developed state-of-the-art telemetric monitoring of cardiophysiology before and after injury in order to report that blocking excitatory neurotransmission with neuropathic pain medications (i.e., gabapentinoids) mitigates the incidence and severity of this secondary complication after SCI, along with muscle spasticity, both of which are triggered by noxious stimulation. With these proof-of-principle concepts, his work continues to employ such refined tools of investigation along with novel viral vector advances to understand the influences of maladaptive intraspinal plasticity on the incidence and/or severity of AD. In yet another line of investigation, he is employing novel antisense oligonucleotides to attenuate muscular spasticity in a chronic SCI model. The aim of these studies is to inject designer oligonucleotides intrathecally to inactivate constitutively active 5HT2C receptors in the injured spinal cord thought to underlie muscle spasticity in chronic stages of SCI utilizing a complete S2 transection SCI model in adult rats.
Molecular Biological and Biochemical Approaches for Treatment of Spinal Cord Injury
The major focuses of our laboratory are to alleviate both autonomic and/or hind limb locomotor dysfunction following complete transection or incomplete contusion spinal cord injury (SCI) in adult rats, respectively. In conjunction with precise surgical and histological approaches, as well as behavioral and physiological assessments, we have employed gene therapy with replication-defective recombinant adenoviruses and/or lentiviruses injected into injured spinal cords in order to over-express different growth factors or inhibitory molecules. Such site-specific genetic manipulation of endogenous cellular responses after injury has been used to identify processes contributing to beneficial motor recovery and/or undesirable autonomic pathophysiology. An equally important area of our research endeavor has been directed at the molecular biological and biochemical assessments of the temporal profile of mitochondrial dysfunction after contusion SCI in order to establish therapeutic windows for mitochondrial-targeted interventions for promoting tissue sparing and functional recovery.
Autonomic dysreflexia is a condition that develops after severe high thoracic SCI which can lead to potentially life-threatening hypertension which is often triggered by painful stimulation of sensory nerves below the injury that sprout into the injured spinal cord due to elevated of nerve growth factor (NGF) expression. Using a rodent model of this pathophysiological condition, triggered by painful colorectal distension (CRD), we are investigating the contributions of both primary afferent and propriospinal pathway plasticity to the development of autonomic dysreflexia, monitored telemetrically. We are also conducting translational pharmaceutical research to test whether blocking excitatory neurotransmission with neuropathic pain medications (gabapentinoids) mitigates the incidence and severity of this secondary complication after SCI, along with muscle spasticity, both of which are triggered by noxious stimulation.
Mitochondria are the powerhouse of all cells and they are extremely vulnerable to damage following trauma. After establishing the temporal, sequential pattern of compromised bioenergetics (damage) of mitochondria after acute contusion SCI, for the first time, we have compelling evidence that pharmacological agents which target and maintain mitochondrial function are, indeed, neuroprotective after severe contusion SCI. In particular, when administered within an hour after SCI, particular agents that maintain mitochondrial integrity preserve the integrity of both synaptic and non-synaptic mitochondrial populations, assessed one day later; and this preservation is correlated with remarkable spinal cord tissue sparing and, more importantly, significant long-term behavioral recovery of hind limb locomotion. Notably, we employ innovative kinematic assessments along with standard behavioral testing to evaluate the functional efficacy of experimental pharmacotherapeutics.
More recent efforts have been focused on innovative experiments to test whether supplementing healthy mitochondria isolated from exogenous sources into the contused rat spinal cord maintains bioenergetics and promotes functional recovery. In particular we are comparatively assessing intraspinal transplantation of mitochondria derived from two cell-type sources (autologous muscle vs cultured cells) with multiple acute outcome measures and long-term behavioral studies in order to generate robust pre-clinical data for this novel therapeutic.
Novel oligonucleotides are being tested to attenuate muscular spasticity in a chronic rodent SCI model. The aim of these studies is to inject oligonucleotides intrathecally, designed by the dual-PI (Stamm), to inactivate constitutively active 5HT2C receptors in the injured spinal cord thought to underlie muscle spasticity in chronic stages of SCI utilizing a complete S2 transection SCI model in adult rats by the other dual-PI (Rabchevsky).
2T32 NS077889 Hall/Geddes (Dual PIs) 07/01/17 – 06/30/22
“Neurobiology of CNS Injury & Repair Training Grant”
Broad-based training in modern research concepts regarding the pathophysiology of neurotrauma.
Role: Training Faculty
Craig H. Neilsen Foundation, Senior Investigator Award Rabchevsky (PI) Sullivan (Co-I) Gensel (Co-I) Patel (Co-I) 07/31/17 – 07/30/21
"Pioglitazone fosters neuroprotection via specific interaction with mitoNEET" NCE
These studies will directly test whether pioglitazone affords neuroprotection following SCI by directly ameliorating mitochondrial dysfunction via interactions with mitoNEET using a novel transgenic model (mitoNEET null), as well as a novel specific mitoNEET ligand and an antagonist, alone and in tandem, to mechanistically test our hypotheses.
NIH/NINDS R01 GM126181 Saito, H (PI) Starr (Co-I) Patel (Co-I) Evers (Co-I) Stromberg (Co-I) Butterfield (Co-I) Dupont-Versteegden (Co-I) Rabchevsky (Co-I) St. Clair (Co-I) 09/15/17 - 08/31/21
"Chronic muscle weakness in sepsis survivors"
These studies will establish mitochondrial damage and dysfunction in sepsis-surviving mice, investigate sarcomeric protein damage and its causal mechanisms long after recovery from sepsis, and formulate therapeutic strategies to ameliorate post-sepsis chronic muscle weakness.
Veterans Administration Medical Center, Lexington, KY 1 I01 BX003643-01A2 Bieberich E. (PI) Morris A (Co-I) Spassieva S (Co-I), Nikolova-Karakashian M (Co-I), Rabchevsky A (Co-I), Saatman K (Co-I), Wang G (Co-I) 04/01/19 - 03/31/23
"TBI-induced exosome release accelerates Alzheimer’s disease pathology"
Our research showed that even mild TBI elicits shear forces in the brain that make particular cells secrete vesicles called exosomes. These TBI-induced exosomes bind to amyloid peptide and tau protein and enhance their neurotoxicity. Our goal is to interrupt TBI-induced exosome secretion to prevent or delay the onset of Alzheimer’s disease in Veterans.
Department of Defense (CDMRP/SCIRP) W81XWH1910175 Schnellmann, R. (PI) Rabchevsky, A.G. (Co-I) 06/01/19 - 05/31/22
"Pharmacological induction of mitochondrial biogenesis for the treatment of spinal cord injury"
We hypothesize that treatment with formoterol following SCI will increase mitochondrial biogenesis (MB), resulting in decreased spinal cord neuron death/dysfunction, increased vascular repair and functional recovery post-SCI. We propose to determine MB, mitochondrial homeostasis (e.g. fission/fusion) and mitochondrial function temporally, and then determine locomotor recovery, vascular recovery and blood-spinal cord barrier integrity in response to formoterol post-SCI in male and female mice.
Department of Defense (CDMRP/SCIRP) W81XWH2010347 Rabchevsky, A.G. (PI) Patel (Co-I) Sullivan (Co-I) Dziubla (Co-I) DeRouchey (Co-I)
"Mitochondrial transplantation combined with mitochondrial-targeted pharmaceuticals to treat spinal cord injury" 06/01/20 - 05/31/23
The proposed experiments are designed to test the protective efficacy of drugs we have reported to target and promote mitochondria to maintain the health of host spinal cord cells, both alone and in combination with novel mitochondrial transplantation techniques into the spinal cord for long-term functional recovery following contusion SCI.
9/2011 “Commonly Used Supplement May Improve Recovery from Spinal Cord Injuries”
-UK Now – University of Kentucky News, http://uknow.uky.edu/content/commonly-used-supplement-may-improve-recove...
-Science Daily, http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/09/110928185025.htm
-PN/Paraplegia News Magazine, http://pvamag.com/pn/article/5680/acetyllcarnitine
10/2015 “Two University of Kentucky Researchers Awarded Grants from Conquer Paralysis Now”
-UK Now – University of Kentucky News, http://uknow.uky.edu/content/two-university-kentucky-researchers-awarded...
11/2015 “Extraordinary Medicine Episode on SCI/TBI”
Documentary of Drs. Rabchevsky & Sullivan’s work on mitochondria-targeted interventions for SCI and TBI.
FBR licensed the series to Discovery Network in Australia and Latin America, Liz Hodge, Director/Producer, FBR Media
2/2016 “Motivated by Personal Experience, Scientist Seeks Answers About Spinal Cord Injury”
-UK Now – University of Kentucky News, http://uknow.uky.edu/content/motivated-personal-experience-scientist-see...
-Spinal Cord Injury Zone, http://www.spinalcordinjuryzone.com/videos/16181/motivated-by-personal-e...
6/2016 “Mentoring a Key Factor in Spinal Cord Researcher's Success”
-UK Now – University of Kentucky News, http://uknow.uky.edu/content/mentoring-key-factor-spinal-cord-researcher...
11/2016 “Getchell Memorial Award Honors Graduate Scientist's Persistence in Seeking National Funding”
-UK Now – University of Kentucky News, http://uknow.uky.edu/research/getchell-memorial-award-honors-graduate%E2...
1/2020 "Albert Nelson Marquis Lifetime Achievement Award," Marquis Who’s Who, http://www.24-7pressrelease.com/press-release-service/470075
Complete List: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/?term=Rabchevsky
Eldahan K.C., Williams H.C., Cox D.H., Gollihue J.L., Patel S.P. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2020) Paradoxical effects of continuous high dose gabapentin treatment on autonomic dysreflexia after complete spinal cord injury. Experimental Neurology PMID: 31678138
Michael F.M., Patel S.P. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2020) Intraspinal plasticity associated with development of autonomic dysreflexia after complete spinal cord injury. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, section Cellular Neurophysiology. PMID: 31780900, PMCID: PMC6856770
Owen A.M., Starr M.E., Patel S.P., Smith J.D., Mori S.F, Hawk G.S., Stromberg A.J., Kuriyama N., Kaneki M., Rabchevsky A.G., Butterfield T.A., Esser K.A., Peterson C.A. and Saito H. (2019) Chronic muscle weakness is accompanied by prolonged mitochondrial myopathy in murine sepsis survivors. eLife PMID: 31793435 DOI: 10.7554/eLife.49920.001
Patel S.P. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2019) Application of the Infinity Horizon spinal cord contusion injury model Animal Models of Acute Neurological Injuries, 2nd edition, Humana Press; Chen J., Xu Z.C., Xu X.-M. and Zhang J.H. (eds.)
Scholpa N.E., Williams H., Wang W., Corum D., Narang A., Tomlinson S., Sullivan P.G., Rabchevsky A.G. and Schnellmann R.G. (2019) Pharmacological stimulation of mitochondrial biogenesis using the FDA-approved β2-adrenoreceptor agonist formoterol for the treatment of spinal cord injury. J Neurotrauma 36:962-972. PMID: 30280980, PMCID: PMC6484358
Gollihue J.L., Patel S.P., Mashburn C., Eldahan K.C., Cox D.H., Donahue R.R., Taylor B.K., Sullivan P.G. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2018) Effects of mitochondrial transplantation on bioenergetics, cellular incorporation and functional recovery after spinal cord injury. J Neurotrauma 35:842–853. Epub 2017 Dec 15 PMID: 29205090, PMCID: PMC6053898
Eldahan K.C., Cox DH, Gollihue, J.L., Patel S.P. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2018) Rapamycin exacerbates cardiovascular dysfunction after complete high-thoracic spinal cord injury. J Neurotrauma 35:842–853. Epub 2017 Dec 15 PMID: 29205090, PMCID: PMC5863090
Eldahan K.C. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2018) Autonomic dysreflexia after spinal cord injury: Systemic pathophysiology and methods of management. Autonomic Neuroscience: Basic and Clinical 209: 59-70. Epub 2017 May 8 PMID: 28506502 DOI: 10.1016/j.autneu.2017.05.002
Gollihue J.L., Patel S.P. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2018) Mitochondrial transplantation strategies as potential therapeutics for CNS disorders. Neural Regen Res Epub 2017 Dec 11
Rabchevsky A.G., Patel S.P. and Sullivan P.G. (2017) Targeting mitoNEET with pioglitazone for therapeutic neuroprotection after spinal cord injury. Neural Regen Res 12(11): 1807-1808 Epub 2017 Oct 19
Stamm S., Gruber S.B., Rabchevsky A.G. and Emeson R.B. (2017) The activity of the serotonin receptor 2C is regulated by alternative splicing. Human Genetics Epub 2017 June 20 PMID: 28664341 DOI: 10.1007/s00439-017-1826-3
Gollihue J.L., Patel S.P., Mashburn C., Eldahan K.C., Sullivan P.G. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2017) Optimization of mitochondrial isolation techniques for intraspinal transplantation procedures. J Neurosci Methods 287: 1–12. Epub 2017 May 26 PMID: 28554833 DOI: 10.1016/j.jneumeth.2017.05.023
Gollihue J.L. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2017) Prospects for therapeutic mitochondrial transplantation. Mitochondrion 35: 70-79. PMID: 28533168 DOI: 10.1016/j.mito.2017.05.007
Patel S.P.*, Cox D.H.*, Gollihue J.L., Bailey W.M., Geldenhuys W.J., Gensel J.C., Sullivan P.G. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2017) Pioglitazone treatment following spinal cord injury maintains acute mitochondrial integrity and increases chronic tissue sparing and functional recovery. Exp Neurol 293 74–82. PMID: 28365473: PMC5473659 DOI: 10.1016/j.expneurol.2017.03.021 *authors contributed equally
Zhang Z., Shen M., Gresch P., Ghamari-Langroudi M., Rabchevsky A.G., Emeson R. and Stamm S. (2016) Oligonucleotide-induced alternative splicing of serotonin 2C receptor reduces food intake. EMBO Molecular Medicine 8(8): 878–894. Epub 2016 June 9 PMID: 27406820, PMCID: PMC4967942
Rau K.K., Hill C.E., Harrison B.J., Venkat G., Koenig H.M., Cook S.B., Rabchevsky A.G., Taylor B.K., Hai T. and Petruska J.C. (2016) Cutaneous tissue damage induces long-lasting nociceptive sensitization and regulation of cellular stress- and nerve injury-associated genes in sensory neurons. Exp Neurol S0014-4886(16)30159-5. Epub June 2 PMID: 27264359, PMCID: PMC4992590
Zhang Z., Shen M., Gresch P., Ghamari-Langroudi M., Rabchevsky A.G., Emeson R. and Stamm S. (2016) Oligonucleotide-induced alternative splicing of serotonin 2C receptor reduces food intake. EMBO Molecular Medicine 8(8): 878–894. Epub 2016 June 9 PMID: 27406820, PMCID: PMC4967942
Patel S.P.*, Smith T.D.*, VanRooyen J.L., Powell D., Cox D.H., Sullivan P.G. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2016) Serial diffusion tensor imaging in vivo predicts long-term functional recovery and histopathology in rats following different severities of spinal cord injury. J Neurotrauma 33: 917–928. PMID: 26650623, PMID: 26650623, PMCID: PMC4876527 *authors contributed equally
Visavadiya N.P.*, Patel S.P.*, VanRooyen J.L., Sullivan P.G. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2016) Cellular and subcellular oxidative stress parameters following severe spinal cord injury. Redox Biology 8: 59-67. PMID: 26760911 *authors contributed equally
Kwon B.K., Streijger F., Hill C.E., Anderson A.J., Bacon M., Beattie M.S., Blesch A., Bradbury E.J., Brown A., Bresnahan J.C., Case C.C., Colburn R.W., David S., Fawcett J.W., Ferguson A.R., Fischer I., Floyd C.L., Gensel J.C., Houle J.D., Jakeman L.B., Jeffery N.D., Jones L.A., Kleitman N., Kocsis J., Lu P., Magnuson D.S., Marsala M., Moore S.W., Mothe A.J., Oudega M., Plant G.W., Rabchevsky A.S., Schwab J.M., Silver J., Steward O., Xu X.M., Guest J.D., Tetzlaff W. (2015) Large animal and primate models of spinal cord injury for the testing of novel therapies. Exp Neurol 269:154-168. PMID: 25902036
Hou S.P. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2014) Autonomic consequences of spinal cord injury. Comp Physiol 4: 1419-1453. PMID: 25428850
*Patel S.P., Sullivan P.G., Pandy J.D., Goldstein G.A., VanRooyen J.L., Yonutas H.M., Eldahan K.C., Morehouse J., Magnuson D.S.K. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2014) N-acetylcysteine amide preserves mitochondrial bioenergetics and improves functional recovery following spinal trauma. Exp Neurol 257: 95-105. PMID: 24805071 *Highlighted sister article to the next citation
*Pandya J.D., Readnower R.D., Patel S.P., Yonutas H.M., Pauly J.R., Goldstein G.A., Rabchevsky A.G. and Sullivan P.G. (2014) N-acetylcysteine amide confers neuroprotection, improves bioenergetics and behavioral outcome following TBI. Exp Neurology 257: 106-113. PMID: 24792639 *Highlighted sister article
Nielson J.L., Guandique C.F., Liu A.W., Muraru V., Burke D.A., Lash A.T., Kline R.H. IV, Moseanko R., Hawbecker S., Strand S.C., Zdunowski S., Irvine K.A., Brock J.H., Rosenzweig E.S., Nout Y.S., Gensel J.C., Anderson K.D., Magnuson D.S.K., Whittemore S.R., McTigue D.M., Popovich P.G., Rabchevsky A.G., Steward O., Courtine G., Edgerton V.R., Tuszynski M.H., Beattie M.S., Bresnahan J.C. and Ferguson A.R. (2014) Development of a database for translational spinal cord injury research. J Neurotrauma 31: 1789-1799 PMID: 25077610
*Zhang Y., Guan Z., Reader B., Shawler T., Mandrekar-Colucci S., Huang K., Weil Z., Bratasz A., Wells J., Powell N., Sheridan J., Whitacre C., Rabchevsky A.G., Nash M. and Popovich P. (2013) Autonomic dysreflexia causes chronic immune suppression after spinal cord injury. J Neuroscience 33:12970 –12981. PMID: 23926252 *Featured article
Petruska J.C., Hubscher C.H. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2013) Challenges and opportunities of sensory plasticity after SCI. Frontiers in Physiology 4: 231-234. PMID: 23986722
Rabchevsky A.G., Patel S.P., Lyttle T.S., Eldahan K.C., O’Dell C.R., Zhang Y., Popovich P.G., Kitzman P.H., and Donohue, K.D. (2012) Effects of gabapentin on muscle spasticity and both induced as well as spontaneous autonomic dysreflexia after complete spinal cord injury. Front Physiology 3: 329-350. PMID: 22934077
Patel S.P., Sullivan P.G., Lyttle T.S., Magnuson D.S.K. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2012) Acetyl-l-carnitine treatment following spinal cord injury improves mitochondrial function correlated with remarkable tissue sparing and functional recovery. Neuroscience 210: 296–307. PMID: 22445934
Rabchevsky A.G., Patel S.P. and Springer J.E. (2011) Pharmacological interventions for spinal cord injury: Where do we stand? How might we step forward? Pharmacol Ther 132: 15–29. PMID: 21605594
Rabchevsky A.G. and Kitzman P.H. (2011) Latest approaches for the treatment of spasticity and autonomic dysreflexia in chronic spinal cord injury. Neurotherapeutics 8(2): 274-82. PMID: 21384222
Rabchevsky A.G., Patel S.P., Duale H., Lyttle T.S., O’Dell C.R. and Kitzman P.H. (2011) Gabapentin for spasticity & autonomic dysreflexia after severe spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord 49: 99–105. PMID: 20514053
Patel S.P., Sullivan P.G., Lyttle T.S. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2010) Acetyl-L-carnitine ameliorates mitochondrial dysfunction following contusion spinal cord injury. J Neurochem 114(1): 291-301. PMID: 20438613
Duale H., Lyttle T.S., Smith B.N. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2010) Noxious colorectal distention in spinalized rats further reduces pseudorabies virus labeling of symapthetic neurons. J Neurotrauma 27: 1369-1378. PMID: 20528165
Derbenev A.V., Duale H., Rabchevsky A.G. and Smith B.N. (2010) Electrophyiological characteristics of identified kidney-related neurons in adult rat spinal cord slices. Neurosci Letts 474(3): 168-172. PMID: 20303390
Patel S.P., Pandya J.D., Sullivan P.G. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2009) Effects of mitochondrial uncoupling agent, 2,4-dinitrophenol, or nitroxide antioxidant, tempol, on mitochondrial integrity following acute contusion spinal cord injury. J Neurosci Res 87(1):130-140. PMID: 18709657
Duale H., Hou S.P., Derbenev A.V., Smith B.N. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2009) Spinal cord injury reduces the efficacy of pseudorabies virus labeling of sympathetic preganglionic neurons. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol 68(2):168-178. PMID: 19151624
Hou S.P., Duale H., Cameron A.A., Abshire S.M., Lyttle T.S. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2008) Plasticity of lumbosacral propriospinal neurons is associated with the development of autonomic dysreflexia after thoracic spinal cord transection. J Comp Neurol 509(4): 382-399. PMID: 18512692
Sullivan P.G., Krishnamurthy S., Patel S.P., Pandya J.D. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2007) Temporal characterization of mitochondrial bioenergetics after spinal cord injury. J Neurotrauma 24(6): 991-999. PMID: 17600515
Rabchevsky A.G. (2006) Segmental organization of spinal reflexes mediating autonomic dysreflexia after spinal cord injury. Prog Brain Res 152: Autonomic Dysfunction after Spinal Cord Injury. Weaver L.C. & Polosa C. (eds.), Elsevier B.V. pp. 265-274. PMID: 16198706
Cameron A.A., Smith G.M., Randall D.C., Brown D.R. and Rabchevsky A.G. (2006) Genetic manipulation of intraspinal plasticity after spinal cord injury alters the severity of autonomic dysreflexia. J Neurosci 26(11): 2923-2932. PMID: 16540569
- Dipasquale, V.; Barraco, P ; Faraci, S ; Balassone, V ; De Angelis, P.; Di Matteo, FM ; Dall'Oglio, L ; Romano, C. "Duodenal Duplication Cysts in Children: Clinical Features and Current Treatment Choices." Biomedicine hub 5, 2 (2020): 152-164. [PubMed Link] |
- Hsieh, WT ; Chien, TW ; Kuo, SC ; Lin, HJ "Whether productive authors using the national health insurance database also achieve higher individual research metrics: A bibliometric study." Medicine 99, 2 (2020): e18631. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Mahmood, A.; Seetharaman, R ; Kshatriya, P ; Patel, D.; Srivastava, AS "Stem Cell Transplant for Advanced Stage Liver Disorders: Current Scenario and Future Prospects." Current medicinal chemistry (2019): [PubMed Link] |
- Citrome, L. "Cariprazine for bipolar depression: What is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?" International journal of clinical practice 73, 10 (2019): e13397. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Koufatzidou, M.; Koletsi, D.; Fleming, PS ; Polychronopoulou, A.; Pandis, N. "Outcome reporting discrepancies between trial entries and published final reports of orthodontic randomized controlled trials." European journal of orthodontics 41, 3 (2019): 225-230. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Joung, JY ; Cho, JH ; Kim, YH ; Choi, SH ; Son, CG "A literature review for the mechanisms of stress-induced liver injury." Brain and behavior 9, 3 (2019): e01235. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Gaw, AC "Religious Belief at the Level of the Brain: Neural Correlates and Influence of Culture." The Journal of nervous and mental disease 207, 7 (2019): 604-610. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Kreuzer, PM ; Downar, J ; De Ridder, D.; Schwarzbach, J ; Schecklmann, M ; Langguth, B "A Comprehensive Review of Dorsomedial Prefrontal Cortex rTMS Utilizing a Double Cone Coil." Neuromodulation : journal of the International Neuromodulation Society 22, 8 (2019): 851-866. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Kurtul, BE ; Ozer, PA "Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio in ocular diseases: a systematic review." International journal of ophthalmology 12, 12 (2019): 1951-1958. [PubMed Link] |
- Aversa, T ; Corica, D.; Zirilli, G ; Pajno, GB ; Salzano, G ; De Luca, F ; Wasniewska, M "Phenotypic Expression of Autoimmunity in Children With Autoimmune Thyroid Disorders." Frontiers in endocrinology 10, (2019): 476. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Redondo, M ; Hernández-Aguado, I ; Lumbreras, B "The impact of the tax on sweetened beverages: a systematic review." The American journal of clinical nutrition 108, 3 (2018): 548-563. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Kissin, I. "What Can Big Data on Academic Interest Reveal about a Drug? Reflections in Three Major US Databases." Trends in pharmacological sciences 39, 3 (2018): 248-257. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Dipasquale, V.; Corica, D.; Gramaglia, SMC ; Valenti, S.; Romano, C. "Gastrointestinal symptoms in children: Primary care and specialist interface." International journal of clinical practice 72, 6 (2018): e13093. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Maresch, CC ; Stute, DC ; Alves, MG ; Oliveira, PF ; Kretser, DM ; Linn, T. "Diabetes-induced hyperglycemia impairs male reproductive function: a systematic review." Human reproduction update 24, 1 (2018): 86-105. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Alì, G.; Bruno, R.; Fontanini, G. "The pathological and molecular diagnosis of malignant pleural mesothelioma: a literature review." Journal of thoracic disease 10, Suppl 2 (2018): S276-S284. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Franz, D.; Syväri, J.; Weidlich, D.; Baum, T.; Rummeny, EJ ; Karampinos, DC "Magnetic Resonance Imaging of Adipose Tissue in Metabolic Dysfunction." RoFo : Fortschritte auf dem Gebiete der Rontgenstrahlen und der Nuklearmedizin 190, 12 (2018): 1121-1130. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Anderson, E.; Shah, B.; Davidson, A.; Furie, R. "Lessons learned from bone marrow failure in systemic lupus erythematosus: Case reports and review of the literature." Seminars in arthritis and rheumatism 48, 1 (2018): 90-104. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- King, WW ; Paramastri, YA ; GuillÁ©n, J.; Weichbrod, RH ; Thompson, GAH ; Norton, JN "Compliance and Regulatory Programs" (2018): [PubMed Link] |
- Boehm, BE ; Cornell, JE ; Wang, H.; Mukherjee, N.; Oppenheimer, JS ; Svatek, RS "Efficacy of bacillus Calmette-Guérin Strains for Treatment of Nonmuscle Invasive Bladder Cancer: A Systematic Review and Network Meta-Analysis." The Journal of urology 198, 3 (2017): 503-510. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Dipasquale, V.; Romano, C. "Vaccination strategies in pediatric inflammatory bowel disease." Vaccine 35, 45 (2017): 6070-6075. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Citrome, L. "Deutetrabenazine for tardive dyskinesia: A systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved novel medication-What is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?" International journal of clinical practice 71, 11 (2017): [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Sharma, A.; Sharma, KL ; Gupta, A.; Yadav, A.; Kumar, A. "Gallbladder cancer epidemiology, pathogenesis and molecular genetics: Recent update." World journal of gastroenterology 23, 22 (2017): 3978-3998. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Vazan, M.; Gempt, J.; Meyer, B.; Buchmann, N.; Ryang, YM "Minimally invasive transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion versus open transforaminal lumbar interbody fusion: a technical description and review of the literature." Acta neurochirurgica 159, 6 (2017): 1137-1146. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Citrome, L. "Valbenazine for tardive dyskinesia: A systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved novel medication-What is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?" International journal of clinical practice 71, 7 (2017): [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Fischer, IW ; Hansen, TM ; Lelic, D.; Brokjaer, A.; Frøkjær, J.; Christrup, LL ; Olesen, AE "Objective methods for the assessment of the spinal and supraspinal effects of opioids." Scandinavian journal of pain 14, (2017): 15-24. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Romano, C.; Oliva, S.; Martellossi, S.; Miele, E.; Arrigo, S.; Graziani, MG ; Cardile, S.; Gaiani, F.; , GL ; Torroni, F. "Pediatric gastrointestinal bleeding: Perspectives from the Italian Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology." World journal of gastroenterology 23, 8 (2017): 1328-1337. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Boesen, M.; Ellegaard, K.; Henriksen, M.; Gudbergsen, H.; Hansen, P.; Bliddal, H.; Bartels, EM ; Riis, RG "Osteoarthritis year in review 2016: imaging." Osteoarthritis and cartilage 25, 2 (2017): 216-226. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Corica, D.; Romano, C. "Biological Therapy in Pediatric Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Systematic Review." Journal of clinical gastroenterology 51, 2 (2017): 100-110. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Wang, M.; Wang, L.; Liu, C.; Bian, X.; Dong, Z.; Yu, S. "Cardiac cephalalgia: one case with cortical hypoperfusion in headaches and literature review." The journal of headache and pain 18, 1 (2017): 24. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Ceccarelli, F.; Perricone, C.; Cipriano, E.; Massaro, L.; Natalucci, F.; Capalbo, G.; Leccese, I.; Bogdanos, D.; Spinelli, FR ; Alessandri, C.; Valesini, G.; Conti, F. "Joint involvement in systemic lupus erythematosus: From pathogenesis to clinical assessment." Seminars in arthritis and rheumatism 47, 1 (2017): 53-64. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Valenti, S.; Gallizzi, R.; De Vivo, D.; Romano, C. "Intestinal Behçet and Crohn's disease: two sides of the same coin." Pediatric rheumatology online journal 15, 1 (2017): 33. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Lau, AS ; Adan, GH ; Krishnan, M.; Leong, SC "What is the publication rate for presentations given at the British Academic Conference in Otolaryngology (BACO)?" Clinical otolaryngology : official journal of ENT-UK ; official journal of Netherlands Society for Oto-Rhino-Laryngology & Cervico-Facial Surgery 42, 2 (2017): 263-267. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Wang, M.; Zhang, M.; Wu, L.; Dong, Z.; Yu, S. "Leukoencephalopathy with cerebral calcification and cysts: Cases report and literature review." Journal of the neurological sciences 370, (2016): 173-179. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Neves, AL ; Henriques-Coelho, T.; Leite-Moreira, A.; Areias, JC "Cardiac injury biomarkers in paediatric age: Are we there yet?" Heart failure reviews 21, 6 (2016): 771-781. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Neves, AL ; Henriques-Coelho, T.; Leite-Moreira, A.; Areias, JC "The Utility of Brain Natriuretic Peptide in Pediatric Cardiology: A Review." Pediatric critical care medicine : a journal of the Society of Critical Care Medicine and the World Federation of Pediatric Intensive and Critical Care Societies 17, 11 (2016): e529-e538. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Jendrissek, KA ; Hotfiel, T.; Swoboda, B.; Söder, S.; Janka, R. " Pigmented villonodular synovitis. A rare differential diagnosis of synovial joint swelling ." Zeitschrift fur Rheumatologie 75, 2 (2016): 157-65. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Vaquero, J.; Forriol, F. "Meniscus tear surgery and meniscus replacement." Muscles, ligaments and tendons journal 6, 1 (2016): 71-89. [PubMed Link] |
- Sharma, L. "Osteoarthritis year in review 2015: clinical." Osteoarthritis and cartilage 24, 1 (2016): 36-48. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Kawaguchi, Y.; Guarise da Silva, P.; Quadros, FW ; Merlin, LH ; Radaelli, L.; Guyot, JP ; Dozza, D.; Martins, D.; Scheverin, N.; Riew, DK ; Kimura, T.; Falavigna, A. "Analysis of scientific output by spine surgeons from Japan: January 2000 to December 2013." Journal of orthopaedic science : official journal of the Japanese Orthopaedic Association 21, 1 (2016): 13-8. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Rocha, CF ; Vasques, RB ; Santos, SR ; Paiva, CL "Mini-Review: Monosomy 1p36 syndrome: reviewing the correlation between deletion sizes and phenotypes." Genetics and molecular research : GMR 15, 1 (2016): [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Romano, C.; Valenti, S.; Cardile, S.; Benninga, MA "Functional Dyspepsia: An Enigma in a Conundrum." Journal of pediatric gastroenterology and nutrition 63, 6 (2016): 579-584. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Agoumi, M.; Giambattista, J.; Hayes, MM "Practical Considerations in Breast Papillary Lesions: A Review of the Literature." Archives of pathology & laboratory medicine 140, 8 (2016): 770-90. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Ohishi, T.; Goto, S.; Monira, P.; Isemura, M.; Nakamura, Y. "Anti-inflammatory Action of Green Tea." Anti-inflammatory & anti-allergy agents in medicinal chemistry 15, 2 (2016): 74-90. [PubMed Link] |
- Küçük, E.; Kocayiğit, İ.; Günel, C.; Düzenli, H. "Neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio in occlusive vascular diseases: the literature review of the past 10 years." World journal of emergency medicine 7, 3 (2016): 165-72. [PubMed Link] |
- Wang, J.; Zhao, L.; Yan, H.; Che, J.; Huihui, L.; Jun, W.; Liu, B.; Cao, B. "A Meta-Analysis and Systematic Review on the Association between Human Papillomavirus (Types 16 and 18) Infection and Esophageal Cancer Worldwide." PloS one 11, 7 (2016): e0159140. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Nigri, F.; Gobbi, GN ; Costa Ferreira Pinto, PH ; Simões, EL ; Caparelli-Daquer, EM "Hydrocephalus caused by unilateral foramen of Monro obstruction: A review on terminology." Surgical neurology international 7, Suppl 12 (2016): S307-13. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Dhuvad, JM ; Dhuvad, MM ; Kshirsagar, RA "Have Smartphones Contributed in the Clinical Progress of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery?" Journal of clinical and diagnostic research : JCDR 9, 9 (2015): ZC22-4. [PubMed Link] |
- Citrome, L. "Brexpiprazole for schizophrenia and as adjunct for major depressive disorder: a systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved antipsychotic - what is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be..." International journal of clinical practice 69, 9 (2015): 978-97. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Yuksel, C.; Tegin, C.; O'Connor, L.; Du, F.; Ahat, E.; Cohen, BM ; Ongur, D. "Phosphorus magnetic resonance spectroscopy studies in schizophrenia." Journal of psychiatric research 68, (2015): 157-66. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Yokobori, S.; Zhang, Z.; Moghieb, A.; Mondello, S.; Gajavelli, S.; Dietrich, WD ; Bramlett, H.; Hayes, RL ; Wang, M.; Wang, KK ; Bullock, MR "Acute diagnostic biomarkers for spinal cord injury: review of the literature and preliminary research report." World neurosurgery 83, 5 (2015): 867-78. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Brigo, F.; Igwe, SC ; Ausserer, H.; Nardone, R.; Tezzon, F.; Bongiovanni, LG ; Tinazzi, M.; Trinka, E. "Terminology of psychogenic nonepileptic seizures." Epilepsia 56, 3 (2015): e21-5. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Jensen, KG ; Juul, K.; Fink-Jensen, A.; Correll, CU ; Pagsberg, AK "Corrected QT changes during antipsychotic treatment of children and adolescents: a systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical trials." Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry 54, 1 (2015): 25-36. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Hawasli, AH ; Hullar, TE ; Dorward, IG "Idiopathic scoliosis and the vestibular system." European spine journal : official publication of the European Spine Society, the European Spinal Deformity Society, and the European Section of the Cervical Spine Research Society 24, 2 (2015): 227-33. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Nandeesha, H.; Bobby, Z.; Selvaraj, N.; Rajappa, M. "Pre-hypertension: Is it an inflammatory state?" Clinica chimica acta; international journal of clinical chemistry 451, Pt B (2015): 338-42. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Derosa, G ; Maffioli, P.; Sahebkar, A. "Plasma uric acid concentrations are reduced by fenofibrate: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized placebo-controlled trials." Pharmacological research 102, (2015): 63-70. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Zhou, Y.; Zhang, X.; Gu, C.; Xia, J. "Influence of diabetes mellitus on mortality in breast cancer patients." ANZ journal of surgery 85, 12 (2015): 972-8. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Grunewald, S.; Jank, A. "New systemic agents in dermatology with respect to fertility, pregnancy, and lactation." Journal der Deutschen Dermatologischen Gesellschaft = Journal of the German Society of Dermatology : JDDG 13, 4 (2015): 277-89; quiz 290. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Citrome, L. "Lisdexamfetamine for binge eating disorder in adults: a systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved indication - what is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?" International journal of clinical practice 69, 4 (2015): 410-21. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Behzadi, P.; Behzadi, E.; Ranjbar, R. "Urinary tract infections and Candida albicans." Central European journal of urology 68, 1 (2015): 96-101. [PubMed Link] |
- Liu, W.; Laulederkind, SJ ; Hayman, GT ; Wang, SJ ; Nigam, R.; Smith, JR ; De Pons, J.; Dwinell, MR ; Shimoyama, M. "OntoMate: a text-mining tool aiding curation at the Rat Genome Database." Database : the journal of biological databases and curation 2015, (2015): [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Karmon, AE ; Cardozo, ER ; Rueda, BR ; Styer, AK "MicroRNAs in the development and pathobiology of uterine leiomyomata: does evidence support future strategies for clinical intervention?" Human reproduction update 20, 5 (2014): 670-87. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Li, W.; Yang, F.; Gui, Y.; Bian, J. "DNA repair gene XRCC1 Arg194Trp polymorphism and susceptibility to hepatocellular carcinoma: A meta-analysis." Oncology letters 8, 4 (2014): 1725-1730. [PubMed Link] |
- Cantinotti, M.; Law, Y.; Vittorini, S.; Crocetti, M.; Marco, M.; Murzi, B.; Clerico, A. "The potential and limitations of plasma BNP measurement in the diagnosis, prognosis, and management of children with heart failure due to congenital cardiac disease: an update." Heart failure reviews 19, 6 (2014): 727-42. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Nouette-Gaulain, K.; Capdevila, X.; Robin, F.; Beloeil, H. " Intravenous lipid emulsion and local anesthetic-induced systemic toxicity: mechanisms and limits ." Annales francaises d'anesthesie et de reanimation 33, 6 (2014): 411-7. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Bhatti, MT ; Dutton, JJ "Thyroid eye disease: therapy in the active phase." Journal of neuro-ophthalmology : the official journal of the North American Neuro-Ophthalmology Society 34, 2 (2014): 186-97. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Bruze, M.; Goossens, A.; Isaksson, M. "Recommendation to increase the test concentration of methylchloroisothiazolinone/methylisothiazolinone in the European baseline patch test series - on behalf of the European Society of Contact Dermatitis and the European Environmental and Contact..." Contact dermatitis 71, 1 (2014): 35-40. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Citrome, L. "Vortioxetine for major depressive disorder: a systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved antidepressant - what is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?" International journal of clinical practice 68, 1 (2014): 60-82. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Bhargava, D.; Thomas, S.; Chakravorty, N.; Dutt, A. "Trigeminocardiac Reflex: A Reappraisal with Relevance to Maxillofacial Surgery." Journal of maxillofacial and oral surgery 13, 4 (2014): 373-7. [PubMed Link] |
- Laviers, H.; Zambarakji, H. "Enhanced depth imaging-OCT of the choroid: a review of the current literature." Graefe's archive for clinical and experimental ophthalmology = Albrecht von Graefes Archiv fur klinische und experimentelle Ophthalmologie 252, 12 (2014): 1871-83. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Citrome, L. "Suvorexant for insomnia: a systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved hypnotic - what is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?" International journal of clinical practice 68, 12 (2014): 1429-41. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Bryukhovetskiy, A.; Shevchenko, V.; Kovalev, S.; Chekhonin, V.; Baklaushev, V.; Bryukhovetskiy, I.; Zhukova, M. "To the novel paradigm of proteome-based cell therapy of tumors: through comparative proteome mapping of tumor stem cells and tissue-specific stem cells of humans." Cell transplantation 23 Suppl 1, (2014): S151-70. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Rizzolo, P.; Silvestri, V.; Tommasi, S.; Pinto, R.; Danza, K.; Falchetti, M.; Gulino, M.; Frati, P.; Ottini, L. "Male breast cancer: genetics, epigenetics, and ethical aspects." Annals of oncology : official journal of the European Society for Medical Oncology 24 Suppl 8, (2013): viii75-viii82. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Citrome, L. "Levomilnacipran for major depressive disorder: a systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved antidepressant--what is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?" International journal of clinical practice 67, 11 (2013): 1089-104. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Hofstetter, S.; Stern, L.; Willet, J. "Key issues in addressing the clinical and humanistic burden of short bowel syndrome in the US." Current medical research and opinion 29, 5 (2013): 495-504. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Hammoudeh, M.; Alarfaj, A.; Chen, DY ; Djoudi, H.; Youseif, E.; Zhu, J. "Safety of tumor necrosis factor inhibitors use for rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis in Africa, the Middle East, and Asia: focus on severe infections and tuberculosis." Clinical rheumatology 32, 3 (2013): 293-300. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Chinnery, PF ; Hudson, G. "Mitochondrial genetics." British medical bulletin 106, (2013): 135-59. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Sivaprasad, S.; Hykin, P. "What is new in the management of wet age-related macular degeneration?" British medical bulletin 105, (2013): 201-11. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Johansson, F.; Ekman, S.; Blomquist, E.; Henriksson, R.; Bergström, S.; Bergqvist, M. "A review of dose-dense temozolomide alone and in combination with bevacizumab in patients with first relapse of glioblastoma." Anticancer research 32, 9 (2012): 4001-6. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Karahalil, B.; Bohr, VA ; Wilson DM, 3rd "Impact of DNA polymorphisms in key DNA base excision repair proteins on cancer risk." Human & experimental toxicology 31, 10 (2012): 981-1005. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Clanton, TO ; Matheny, LM ; Jarvis, HC ; Jeronimus, AB "Return to play in athletes following ankle injuries." Sports health 4, 6 (2012): 471-4. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Peled, A.; Wald, O.; Burger, J. "Development of novel CXCR4-based therapeutics." Expert opinion on investigational drugs 21, 3 (2012): 341-53. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Ong, JM ; Cruz, L. "A review and update on the current status of stem cell therapy and the retina." British medical bulletin 102, (2012): 133-46. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Findlay, JM ; Ashraf, SQ ; Congahan, P. "Transversus abdominis plane (TAP) blocks-a review." The surgeon : journal of the Royal Colleges of Surgeons of Edinburgh and Ireland 10, 6 (2012): 361-7. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Lo, HW Angela; Su, CY ; Chou, FH "Disaster Psychiatry in Taiwan: A Comprehensive Review." Journal of experimental and clinical medicine 4, 2 (2012): 77-81. [PubMed Link] |
- Citrome, L. "Vilazodone for major depressive disorder: a systematic review of the efficacy and safety profile for this newly approved antidepressant - what is the number needed to treat, number needed to harm and likelihood to be helped or harmed?" International journal of clinical practice 66, 4 (2012): 356-68. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Névéol, A.; Wilbur, WJ ; Lu, Z. "Improving links between literature and biological data with text mining: a case study with GEO, PDB and MEDLINE." Database : the journal of biological databases and curation 2012, (2012): bas026. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Altarac, S.; Cindro, V.; Radović, N.; Rajković, Z.; Belina, S. " Feasibility of alpha-blockers in chronic category III prostatitis ." Lijecnicki vjesnik 133, 5-6 (2011): 177-80. [PubMed Link] |
- Folgueira, MA ; Snitcovsky, IM ; Del Valle, PR ; Katayama, ML ; Brentani, MM ; Vieira, RA "Transcriptional profile and response to neoadjuvante chemotherapy in breast cancer." Revista da Associacao Medica Brasileira (1992) 57, 3 (2011): 347-52. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Meininger, D.; Bück, M.; Bohlmann, S.; Weber, CF ; Strouhal, U.; Ihlow, K.; Zacharowski, K.; Byhahn, C. " Gone with the wind or... Fate of scientific articles presented at large anesthesia congresses--an update ." Der Anaesthesist 60, 2 (2011): 118-24. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Manfredini, D.; Piccotti, F.; Guarda-Nardini, L. "Hyaluronic acid in the treatment of TMJ disorders: a systematic review of the literature." Cranio : the journal of craniomandibular practice 28, 3 (2010): 166-76. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Kovacević, J.; Sogorić, S.; Dzakula, A. " Health system research in the Republic of Croatia 1990-2010 ." Acta medica Croatica : casopis Hravatske akademije medicinskih znanosti 64, 5 (2010): 341-8. [PubMed Link] |
- Frolov, P.; Alali, J.; Klein, MD "Clinical risk factors for gastroschisis and omphalocele in humans: a review of the literature." Pediatric surgery international 26, 12 (2010): 1135-48. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Pedersen, BL ; Baekgaard, N.; Quistorff, B. "Muscle mitochondrial function in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus and peripheral arterial disease: implications in vascular surgery." European journal of vascular and endovascular surgery : the official journal of the European Society for Vascular Surgery 38, 3 (2009): 356-64. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Secasan, CC "Prognostic markers and new, innovative treatments in renal cell carcinoma." Saudi journal of kidney diseases and transplantation : an official publication of the Saudi Center for Organ Transplantation, Saudi Arabia 20, 3 (2009): 355-61. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Tullu, MS ; Karande, S. "Leptospirosis in children: a review for family physicians." Indian journal of medical sciences 63, 8 (2009): 368-78. [PubMed Link] |
- Islamaj Dogan, R.; Murray, GC ; Névéol, A.; Lu, Z. "Understanding PubMed user search behavior through log analysis." Database : the journal of biological databases and curation 2009, (2009): bap018. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Furman, LM "Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): does new research support old concepts?" Journal of child neurology 23, 7 (2008): 775-84. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Kotsovilis, S.; Karoussis, IK ; Fourmousis, I. "A comprehensive and critical review of dental implant placement in diabetic animals and patients." Clinical oral implants research 17, 5 (2006): 587-99. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Bydder, SA ; Joseph, DJ ; Spry, NA "Publication rates of abstracts presented at annual scientific meetings: how does the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Radiologists compare?" Australasian radiology 48, 1 (2004): 25-8. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]
- Oliver, DW ; Whitaker, IS ; Chohan, DP "Publication rates for abstracts presented at the British Association of Plastic Surgeons meetings: how do we compare with other specialties?" British journal of plastic surgery 56, 2 (2003): 158-60. [PubMed Link] | [ Full text ]